Internship: Policy and Legal Unit
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
Geneva Call engages with armed non-State actors during armed conflicts and other situations of violence; it is dedicated to promoting their respect for international humanitarian norms, particularly those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call currently focuses its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Policy and Legal Unit.
- Conduct research on legal and thematic issues
- Monitor and report on legal and policy developments relevant to Geneva Call
- Maintain Geneva Call’s directory www.theirwords.org
- Assist in preparing for meetings, workshops and other activities undertaken by the Unit
- Provide administrative support (filing, helping to prepare meetings, etc.)
- Attend and/or support events relevant to the Unit
- Candidates should have a background in international law
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Fluency in French and English
- Advanced writing, analytical and research skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time or full-time
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date: 12.06.2017
- This position is voluntary and unpaid
- Candidate should hold or be eligible for a Swiss permit