Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a Internship: Communication and External Relations
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
Geneva Call engages with armed non-State actors during armed conflicts and other situations of violence; it is dedicated to promoting their respect for international humanitarian norms, particularly those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call currently focuses its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Communication and External Relations Department.
- Digital communication: contribute to website updates and posts on social media
- Monitoring: monitoring of Geneva Call’s presence in the media (including social media), collecting statistics
- Media: assist in organizing press conferences, in managing relations with journalists and maintain Geneva Call’s media contact database
- Content creation: contribute to the creation of communication material (video, brochures etc…)
- Support the department’s other activities when required
- Intranet: Facilitate internal communication through the Intranet (publications of news)
- Knowledge management: Maintain Geneva Call’s picture and document library
- Candidates should have a background in communication, marketing, international relations or a related field
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Excellent command of (written and oral) English and French
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of IT tools
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time (according to the existing Swiss permit and as authorized by the school)
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date: starting by arrangement
- Candidate should hold or be eligible for a Swiss permit
- The candidate must be in study or vocational rehabilitation
- Candidate must have the authorization of his school to carry out this internship and the authorization must specify the interest and the importance of this internship for his studies.