Geneva Call is looking for an Administration, Finance and Human Resources Officer to be based in Kabul, Afghanistan (national only)
Status :Back to job offers
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian foundation, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
RoleUnder the supervision of the Head of Office for Afghanistan, the Administration, Finance and HR Officer contributes to the operations of Geneva Call by properly and transparently managing the financial, administrative and HR aspects of operations in Afghanistan according to internal procedures and guidelines, donor requirements, as well as local legislation. He/she will report to the Head of Office, will interacts with the programme team in the field, and with the Finance and HR departments at HQ level.
Core Responsibilities:Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the Admin, Finance and HR Officer is responsible for:
- Supervising administrative staff, security guards, drivers, and cleaners;
- Ensuring the premises are well managed and maintained;
- Making sure office supplies are managed and recorded according to Geneva Call’s procedures;
- Liaising with relevant suppliers and service providers to secure the required equipment, utilities and services;
- Managing inventory and up-to-date reporting to Head of Office on a monthly basis;
II.FinanceCash flow management
- Managing payments made locally and by the Office in the region;
- Keeping mission cash books updated, including a weekly availibility cash check;
- Preparing monthly cash requests in coordination with the Head of Office and liasiing with HQ.
- Verifying the registration and encoding of all financial transactions, according the to internal procedures;
- Verifying all the support documents of the financial transactions and the availibility of funds from the donors’ budget;
- Providing a monthly financial report, including supporting documents;
- Archiving of all financial documents;
- Participating in audits (annual organization audit, as well as donor audits, or audits requested by the authorities);
III. Administration of HR with HQ support
- Making sure Geneva Call’s HR policy and procedures are consistent with local labour laws;
- Ensuring visa and work permit requirements are fulfilled for expatriate staff;
- Developing and updating the HR database;
- Managing staff leave and regularly reporting to the Head of Office with updates;
- Preparing salary payments for staff and consultants;
- Ensuring all staff have insurance coverage;
- Completed degree of higher education in relevant fields such as public accountancy, public administration or human resource management.
- At least 3 years in a similar position.
- Experience with international organisations is preferred.
- Experience dealing with bilateral and multilateral donor funding.
- Excellent English skills and Dari (written and other relevant local language(s) are an asset)
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- One-year renewable contract, based in Kabul, Afghanistan
- Preferred start date: 01/2018
- Afghan nationality