Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a flying programme coordinator for Syria
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial humanitarian non-governmental organization that engages with armed non-State actors (ANSAs) to promote their respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law. It carries out 44 projects in 19 countries in 2016.
The Flying Programme Coordinator, based in Amman, Jordan, under the supervision of the Programme Manager for Syria, is responsible for the implementation of all operational and networking activities in the field related to the Syria Programme: Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, She/ he will assist and support the Programme Manager for Syria and the NAME Desk in conceptualizing and designing the Syria intervention strategy. She/he will manage and supervise three Area Coordinators in the field. In the absence of the Programme Manager, she/he, with the NAME Desk support and supervision, ensures that Geneva Call’s interests, aims and objectives are met in the programme. She/he reports to the Programme Manager for Syria.
- Project management and implementation, including:
- organizing and participating in field missions: Field meetings, workshops and events.
- Identifying stakeholders and partners networks and maintain contact and coordination.
- Field follow up with the programme’s engaged interlocutors and partners.
- Conduct background research and prepare conflict assessment, stakeholder mapping and situation reports on selected areas.
- Attend coordination meetings, conferences and workshops of relevant added value for Geneva Call’s activities and mandate.
- Manage and supervise three Area Coordinators.
- Contribute to project design and adjustment, including the preparation of concept notes, funding proposals and budgets, fundraising, reporting, monitoring, evaluations and archiving
- implementation of Geneva Call's activities according to the work plan.
- Supporting the development of a network of relevant stakeholders linked to programmes objectives and Geneva Call’s mandate.
- Liaising with Geneva Call’s local partners, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Supporting and, where appropriate, representing Geneva Call in conferences or meetings with stakeholders.
- Monitoring Media and produce a media report
- Identify sources for security and context monitoring
- Assisting in the preparation and conduct of Geneva Call HQ staff field missions.
- Providing translations and interpretation, notably during Geneva Call HQ staff field missions.
- Translating documents from/to Arabic for operational use.
- Providing other project-related tasks as required by Programme manager.
- Regularly reports on the implementation of the project and the evolvement of the work plan: Weekly updates, Monthly Situation report, Quarterly monitoring report.
- Ensures paper and electronic filing of all documents related to the projects under his responsibility.
- Humanitarian field worker with experience with conflict actors in the Middle East and in Syria.
- Academic background: Advanced studies.
- Knowledge of: International Humanitarian Law and International Human Rights Law is an Asset
- Language: English and Arabic (fluent). French and any other Middle East languages is an Asset.
Conflict of Interest
Any candidate affiliated to or openly supporting one or more interest groups contrary to the principles and values of the Foundation, or whose previous activity could cause difficulties for the safety of women and men co-workers at Geneva Call will be excluded from this selection process.
- Fixed term consultancy contract for 8 months (renewable)
- Date of start: 01.2018.
- Based in Amman/ Jordan with regular travels in Middle East.
- Remuneration: 2200 USD/Month