Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a Karen Project Officer
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law. Geneva Call is working to generate public awareness for International Humanitarian Law (IHL) in situation of armed violence. For this purpose, Geneva Call advocates among conflict parties to ensure they do their upmost to guarantee the safety of civilians as well protect their fundamental rights. In 2016, Geneva Call carried out 44 projects in 19 countries, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 5.8 million.
RoleKaren Project Officer
ActivitiesHelp Geneva Call design and conduct its activities in Karen State.
- Minimum 2 years equivalent work experience in a community-based organization focused on humanitarian, human rights and/or development issues in Karen State
- Experience safely and independently traveling throughout restricted and contested areas of Karen State
- Longstanding personal relationships with leaders from non-government controlled areas of Karen State
- Ability to conduct routine and extensive travel
- Capability to develop collegial and professional relationships with various stakeholder groups
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-ethnic, mutli-lingual, multi-religious team and treat all colleagues with equal respect.
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Karen Project Officer
- 1 year contract, based in Myanmar
- Preferred start date : January 2018