Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a Internship: Near and Middle East Region
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
Geneva Call engages with armed non-State actors (ANSA) during armed conflicts and other situations of violence; it is dedicated to promoting their respect for international humanitarian norms, particularly those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call currently focuses its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict, working towards the elimination of gender discrimination and engaging and training ANSAs on International Humanitarian Law.
In 2016, Geneva Call carried out 44 projects in 14 countries. Its annual budget is CHF 5.8 million.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern on a full-time or part-time basis to assist the Near and Middle East (NAME) Region, starting by arrangement.
- Monitor international humanitarian and human rights laws violations in the NAME Region
- Elaborate on security and risk analyses in the countries of operation of Geneva Call prior to the visits of the NAME team and otherwise assist in preparing for such visits and other activities undertaken by the team.
- Monitor the behavior of selected ANSAs related to Geneva Call’s areas of intervention in the Region.
- Assist in programme-related tasks, i.e. helping to prepare proposals, budgets, etc.
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
- Attendance and/or support at events relevant to the Reg
- Candidates should have a background in international relations or a related field
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Good knowledge of Arabic and/or Farsi is compulsory and fluency in English and/or French will be a plus
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Conflict of Interest
- Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time or full-time (related to the existing Swiss permit)
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date: starting by arrangement
- This position is voluntary and unpaid
- Candidate should hold or be eligible for a Swiss permit
- The candidate must be in study or vocational rehabilitation
- Candidate must have the authorization of his school to carry out this internship. And the authorization must specify the interest and the importance of this internship for his studies.