Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for an Intern for Eur/Asia Region
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. In 2017, Geneva Call is active in 17 countries, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 8.7 million. In Eurasia, Geneva Call has activities running in Ukraine, Myanmar, The Philippines, Thailand and will soon open a program in Afghanistan.
RoleGeneva Call seeks for internship support to provide legal, contextual and security background information and analysis to country offices in Eurasia.
- Contribute to the development of country program analysis (security and conflict mapping, conflict qualifications, humanitarian needs and political development in the various contexts of action of Geneva Call) by undertaking desk research and participating to various meetings in Geneva
- Contribute to the design of the engagement strategy of Geneva Call by drafting armed non-Sate actors’ profile and elaborating actor mapping
- Contribute to the development of sustainable humanitarian dialogues through the definition of legal arguments to present to the various armed non-State Actors active in the region;
- Support the Head of Region and the Head of Missions in preparing the programmatic and administrative aspects of field visits
- Prepare notes of various stakeholders’ meetings
- IHL or IHRL degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent in oral and written English
- French an asset
- At ease with office suite
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Part-time contract(40%minimum), based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Preferred start date : beginning of March 2018
- Swiss citizen or a candidate with a work permit or who may be eligible for a Swiss work permit according to current Swiss legislation
- In view to actively help the work market, we only take Intern if we can have an internship agreement (convention de stage) with a third entity such as:
- ORP, Cantonal Help or any entities actively helping a return on the market and recognise by the Swiss social insurances.
- Universities at the condition that the internship is fully integrated with the student profile.