Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a Intern for Africa Department
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
In 2017, Geneva Call is active in 17 countries, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 8.7 million.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Africa Region.
- Conduct secondary source researches and prepare country situation and reports on targeted countries as well as profiles on armed non-State actors
- Assist in preparing field missions and other activities undertaken by the Region
- Assist in programme-related tasks, i.e. helping to prepare proposals, budgets, meetings etc.
- Provide administrative support
- Attendance and/or support at events relevant to the department
- Ad hoc support to other department according to needs
- Candidates should have a background in international relations or a related field (i.e. IHL, anthopology, history)
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Fluency in French , English and Arabic (including written skills)
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time (40% minimum), based in Geneva
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date : asap.
- Swiss citizen or a candidate with a work permit or who may be eligible for a Swiss work permit according to current Swiss legislation
- In view to actively help the work market, we only take Intern if we can have an internship agreement (convention de stage) with a third entity such as:
- ORP, Cantonal Help or any entities actively helping a return on the market and recognise by the Swiss social insurances.
- Universities at the condition that the internship is fully integrated with the student profile.