Internship: Africa Department
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
Geneva Call engages with armed non-State actors during armed conflicts and other situations of violence; it is dedicated to promoting their respect for international humanitarian norms, particularly those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call currently focuses its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Africa Region.
- Conduct secondary source researches and prepare country situation and reports on targeted countries as well as profiles on armed non-State actors
- Assist in preparing field missions and other activities undertaken by the Region
- Assist in programme-related tasks, i.e. helping to prepare proposals, budgets, meetings etc.
- Provide administrative support
- Attendance and/or support at events relevant to the department
- Ad hoc support to other department according to needs
- Candidates should have a background in international relations or a related field (i.e. IHL, anthopology, history)
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Fluency in French , English and Arabic (including written skills)
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time or full-time (related to the existing Swiss permit)
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date: starting by arrangement
- Candidate should hold or be eligible for a Swiss permit
- The candidate must be in study or vocational rehabilitation
- Candidate must have the authorization of his school to carry out this internship. And the authorization must specify the interest and the importance of this internship for his studies.