Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for an HR and admin Field Officer
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call also responds to requests from ANSAs to help build their knowledge of, and capacities to implement international humanitarian norms, such as through providing training and technical advice. In addition, the organization may also provide other assistance and services within communities where ANSAs operate.
Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
RoleUnder the supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance and the HR Officer HQ (Head Quarter), the admin and HR Officer Field will provide HR, administrative, training and strategic support to the department in the field.
ActivitiesFor all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, financial and HR information
Being responsible for the recruitment system and training:
Being responsible for employee development
Being responsible for administration
- Being responsible for human resource management
- Strong entrepreneurial/self-starter spirit
- Willing to travel to foreign cou0ntries with unstable political situation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR or equivalent experience
- Min 2 years’ operational experience in Field
- Experience in an NGO
- Experience in training delivery
- IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, Reporting tools);
- Human Resource Management tools;
- HR Management diploma with a Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Certification or very good experience in training delivery
- English and French fluency
Nice to have
- Accounting, Finance and Office administration knowledge are a strong plus
- Experience in administration of HR in the field
- Knowledge of the software Navision or other ERP and office tools desirable
- Arabic knowledge
- Swiss HR knowledge
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève/Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: 100%
- CDI contract, based in Geneva
- Preferred start date: 07.2018
- Swiss citizen or a candidate with a work permit or who may be eligible for a Swiss work permit according to current Swiss legislation