Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for an Intern for its Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Unit
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law. In 2017, Geneva Call is active in 17 countries, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 8.7 million.
RoleTo provide research support to the MEAL Advisor.
ActivitiesProvide assistance towards
- Data processing and analysis (able to crunch data)
- Background research and internal evaluation design
- Other supportive tasks as requested such as statistics, survey design
- Excellent command of spoken and written English (French an asset)
- Monitoring & evaluation experience
- Background in statistics, qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Troubleshooter capacity
- Research skills
- Organization skills
- MS Excel (pivot table) and usual Office tool
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Part-time contract, based in Geneva, Switzerland
- Preferred start date : beginning of March 2018
- Swiss citizen or a candidate with a work permit or who may be eligible for a Swiss work permit according to current Swiss legislation
- In view to actively help the work market, we only take Intern if we can have an internship agreement (convention de stage) with a third entity such as:
- Universities at the condition that the internship is fully integrated with the student profile.
- ORP, Cantonal Help or any entities actively helping a return on the market and recognise by the Swiss social insurances.