Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for its Regional Programme Coordinator an Head of Office (International)
Status :Back to job offers
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavours to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call also responds to requests from ANSAs to help build their knowledge of, and capacities to implement international humanitarian norms, such as through providing training and technical advice. In addition, the organization may also provide other assistance and services to communities where ANSAs operate.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
RoleCoordinating the successful implementation of the objectives of the regional support unit and ensuring the adequate functioning of its office.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with experience in negotiation with high level stakeholders
- Excellent ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work under pressure, travel frequently, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of the project management cycle
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) at the level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences