Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for an Admin finance and HR Coordinator
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
RoleHe / she ensures transparent management of the finance, logistics and human resources of the Geneva Call office in Libya, according to the internal procedures and guidelines, donors requirements, as well as to the local legislation.
ActivitiesThe admin finance and HR Coordinator works under the supervision of the Head of Mission and reports regularly to the headquarters on financial administrative and HR matters. For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, financial and HR information.
Under the supervision of the Head of Mission, the Admin finance and HR Coordinator is responsible for:
- Respecting the internal procedures in terms of accounting and cash flow;
- The financial accountability towards donors;
- The respect of national administrative and financial national norms, including tax and labour law related;
- The HR administrative aspects;
- The logistical support to the activities (procurement, inventories…).
- Office Adminstration
- Supervise administrative staff (if present), security guards, drivers, cleaners;
- Ensure Geneva Call premices are will managed and maintained, including in terms of security;
- Participates to the audits (annual organization audit, as well as donor’s audits, or audits requested by Libyan authorities);
- Ebsure procurement processes are managed tranparently and timely and recorded according to Geneva Call procedures;
- Manage inventory and update reporting to the Head of Mission on monthly basis;
- Lead Geneva Call Libya office according to Geneva Call procedures;
- Maintian and manage Geneva Call Libya fleet (if applicable);
- Provide logistic support to program team during activities in the field;
- Cash flow management
- Manage the payments made locally;
- Keep the mission cash books updated, including a weekly availibility cash check;
- Prepare the monthly cash request in coordination with the Head of Mission and liaise with HQ.
- Verify the registration and encoding of all the financial transactions, according the to internal procedures;
- Verify all the support documents of the financial transactions and the availibility of funds on donors budget;
- Provides a monthly financial report, including the expense proofs;
- Archive all financial documents;
- Provide the Program Coordinator and the Head of Mission with donors budgets, amendements and financial report drafts;
- Prepare and updates the monthly budget follow up, or upon request;
- Ensure all the donors financial guidelines and procedures are strictyl respected;
- Participate in finalizing the annual country budget.
- Human Ressources
- Lead and ensure timely, transparent hiring processes for any new job opeing ;
- Develop and update HR database;
- Make sure staff perfomance review process is implemented yearly
- Manage staff attandence and leaves and report to the Head of Mission regularly with updates;
- Prepare salary payments for staff and consultants;
- Resolve issues and concerns pertainig to staff queries on their compensation and benfits.
Main Qualificationsadministration and HR management. Experience of local commercial & contractual systems Experience of Project Cycle Management, including in writing narrative and financial reports; Professional /academic qualification in finance, accounting and administration services IT Tools (MS Office, Excel, Reporting tools); Human Resource Management tools; English and Arabic Knowledge of French would be an asset.
Nice to haveKnowledge of financial / Admin/HR management tools; Ability to take responsibilities, proactive and efficient functioning, pronounced communication skills; Accuracy and reliability.
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : Admin finance and HR Coordinator
- National contract, based in Libya
- Activity Rate: 100%
- Preferred start date : ASAP.