Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for a Regional Programme Coordinator / Head of Office (national only)
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting respect by armed non-State actors (ANSAs) for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence, in particular those related to the protection of civilians. Geneva Call is currently focusing its efforts on banning the use of anti-personnel mines, protecting children from the effects of armed conflict, prohibiting sexual violence in armed conflict and working towards the elimination of gender discrimination.
Geneva Call also responds to requests from ANSAs to help build their knowledge of, and capacities to implement international humanitarian norms, such as through providing training and technical advice. In addition, the organization may also provide other assistance and services within communities where ANSAs operate.
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1998 under Swiss law.
RoleCoordinating the successful implementation of the objectives of the regional support unit and ensuring the adequate functioning of its office.
ActivitiesFor all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, financial and HR information
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Adherence to Geneva Call policies, guidance and procedures
- Regional representation and coordination
- Development and execution of the regional strategy
- Safety and security of all staff
- Resource allocation and mobilization
- Cost efficiency and quality, including implementation of control mechanisms
- Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
- Regional level advocacy
- Learning, training and development of all staff, including a strategy for staff development
- Supervise implementation of all regional activities
- A relevant Master Degree is required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in a humanitarian organization, including in managing teams of at least 5 people.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (written and oral)
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with experience of negotiation with high level stakeholders
- Excellent ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work under pressure, travel frequently, and to handle numerous tasks simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of the project management cycle
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) at the level appropriate for high level external representation and ability to tailor communications to different audiences
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian law is an asset
- Experience of networking and advocacy, team mentoring and management
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève/Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: Full-time
- Consultancy contract, based in Beirut, Lebanon.
- Preferred start date: ASAP