Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for an Intern for its Department of Communication & External Relations
Status :Back to job offers
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian organization, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian organization foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Communication and External Relations Department.
- Improve multimedia and key documents management (e.g. selection of best images, uploading to and classifying in the database)
- Participate in COMRELEX meetings and activities generally
- Contribute to website updates and to posts on social media
- Conduct media monitoring on Geneva Call’s presence in the press locally and internationally
- Assist with writing and editing articles, letters, press releases and news posts
- Translation between English and French, as required
- Maintain Geneva Call’s contact database
- Assistance with event organization and management for communication and fundraising purposes
- Support the department’s other activities, as required by the Director of Communications and External Relations
- Candidates should have a background in communication, marketing, international relations or a related field
- Candidates having already completed their first degree are preferred
- Fluency in French and English (mother tongue in one and advanced level in the other)
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
ConditionsThe position is offered at 80% maximum. Based in Geneva. Duration: 3 months minimum. Preferred start date: ASAP. Candidates should hold a Swiss work permit or be eligible for one. The candidate must meet one of the following 3 conditions to be eligible for the internship.
- The internship must be offered as part of a training certificate (with an “attestation” from the training institute). This may be a mandatory or optional placement.
- The internship must enable interns who are completing a degree (e.g. a Bachelors) decide on the subject of their next degree (e.g. Masters). The value of the first degree in doing so must be attested by the training institute organizing the second degree.
- The internship has the goal of professional or social reintegration and falls under a federal or cantonal legal system.