Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is looking for a “Director, External Relations & Support.”
Status :Back to job offers
In situations of armed conflict, Geneva Call, as a neutral, impartial and independent international humanitarian foundation, endeavors to strengthen the respect of humanitarian norms and principles by armed non-State actors, in order to improve the protection of civilians, while supporting local communities in their efforts to enhance their own protection. Appel de Genève/Geneva Call is a private, not-for-profit, humanitarian foundation under Swiss law, founded in 1998.
RoleThe Director for External Relations & Support manages all transversal support units and the fundraising & external communication units at Geneva Call. The Director, External Relations & Support, reports directly to the Director General. All heads of units of the department report to him/her.
ActivitiesActivities For all tasks: The job holder respects the confidentiality of all administrative, financial and HR information
- Manage and direct the four units of the department:
- Human Resources
- Communication & Fundraising
- Anticipate and forecast Geneva Call’s financial and structural growth with the Director of Operations and the General Director.
- Organize the department accordingly.
- Supervise, together with the General Director, all fundraising and external relations efforts.
- Ensure compliance with internal rules and regulations across the organization.
- Ensure proper information is relayed back to the General Director on the state of development, programme implementation, evaluation and financial indicators.
- Ensure that there is a fluid and smooth relationship between all support units and the Department of Operations.
- Strong managerial skills.
- Analytical mind.
- Unique abilities to communicate clearly.
- Ability to plan and forecast effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of humanitarian funding practices.
- Good knowledge of Swiss legal frameworks for private foundations.
- Strong experience in managing state and private donors for humanitarian organizations.
- In-depth understanding of the political landscape in which a humanitarian private foundation has to operate.
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève/Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position: 100%
- CDI (open-ended) contract, based in Geneva
- Preferred start date: As soon as possible