Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for a Human Resources Officer
Status :Back to job offers
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial humanitarian non-governmental organization that engages with armed non-State actors (ANSAs) to promote their respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians.
Founded in 1998, Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law. It carried out 44 projects in 19 countries in 2016, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 5.8 million.
Geneva call is looking for suitable candidates to fill in the position of HR officer to be based in Geneva.
RoleUnder the supervision of the Director of Administration and Finance, the HR officer will provide HR Administrative support to the department.
ActivitiesGeneral responsibilities: Recruitment management of HQ staff:
- Supervise recruitment to ensure HR gaps are filled in a timely fashion (job evaluations and job analyses, Job descriptions, Advertisement of positions, reference checks, sends offers, and all related recruitment tasks)
- Lead the Implementation of the organization’s recruiting strategy
- Lead in recruitment processes to ensure HR gaps are filled in a timely fashion (interview, background investigations, pre-employment test)
- Organize induction processes for new staff
- Leads in processing transfers, promotions, and terminations (annual appraisal, work certificate)
- Prepare contracts of employment and monitor all contracts
- Lead on the process of securing work permits for international staff
- Maintain and update staff personal files
- Handle any other staff related issues in compliance with the Administration Manual
- Supervise administrative functions including premises contracts
- Support the Director of Administration and finance on HR tasks as required
- CFC or similar training
- Certificate in personnel management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Experience with International organizations at HQ and in the field is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Swiss labor laws
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active listening
- Excellent organizational skills
- Adaptability, autonomy, flexibility
- Teamwork oriented Open-minded
- French, English, other languages an asset
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could create safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- Position : negotiable (80-100%)
- Open ended contract
- Based in Geneva
- Available under short notice
- Swiss citizen or a candidate with a work permit or who may be eligible for a Swiss work permit according to current Swiss legislation.