Internship: Communication and External Relations
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is looking for: Internship: Communication and External Relations
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial humanitarian non-governmental organization that engages with armed non-State actors (ANSAs) to promote their respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians.
Founded in 1998, Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law. It carries out 44 projects in 19 countries in 2016, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 5.8 million.
RoleGeneva Call has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Communication and External Relations Department.
- Digital communication: contribute to website updates and posts on social media
- Monitoring: monitoring of Geneva Call’s presence in the media (including social media), collecting statistics
- Media: assist in organizing press conferences, in managing relations with journalists and maintain Geneva Call’s media contact database
- Content creation: contribute to the creation of communication material (video, brochures etc…)
- Support the department’s other activities when required
- Intranet: Facilitate internal communication through the Intranet (publications of news)
- Knowledge management: Maintain Geneva Call’s picture and document library
- Candidates should have a background in communication, marketing, international relations or a related field
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Excellent command of (written and oral) English and French
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of IT tools
Conflict of InterestAny candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time or full-time (50 to 100%)
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date: Starting by arrangement
- This position is voluntary and unpaid
- Candidate should hold or be eligible for a Swiss permit