Geneva Call is looking for: Internship, Ukraine programmes
Status :Back to job offers
Appel de Genève / Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial humanitarian non-governmental organization that engages with armed non-State actors (ANSAs) to promote their respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflicts and other situations of armed violence, in particular regarding the protection of civilians.
Founded in 1998, Geneva Call is registered as a Foundation under Swiss law. It carries out 44 projects in 19 countries in 2016, with an annual budget of approximately CHF 5.8 million.
Geneva Call has a vacancy for an intern on a full-time or part-time basis to assist the Europe and the Americas department, starting by arrangement.
- Monitor international humanitarian and human rights laws violations in Ukraine
- Elaborate on security and risk analysis in Ukraine prior to the country visits of the department
- Prepare profiles for ANSAs and monitor their behavior related to Geneva Call’s possible future areas of intervention in Ukraine
- Assist in preparing for field missions and other activities undertaken by the team
- Assist in programme-related tasks, i.e. helping to prepare proposals, budgets, etc.
- Provide other administrative support, as needed
- Attendance and/or support at events relevant to the department if needed
- Candidates should have a background in international relations or a related field
- Candidates having already completed their first degree preferred
- Good knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian is compulsory and fluency in English and/or French will be a plus
- Advanced writing, analytical and communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills
Conflict of Interest
- Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process.
- The position is part-time (50% to 80%)
- Based in Geneva
- Duration: 3 months minimum
- Preferred start date: Starting by arrangement
- This position is voluntary and unpaid
- Candidate should hold or be eligible for a Swiss permit
To apply, please send, in English, your cover letter and CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref: “Internship Ukraine” no later than 17 March 2017